There are many ways we try to keep us safe from robot and non humans to come to our site and submit forms.
Captcha and Robot detection are 2 of the most used ones.
Sitecore forms does provide out of the box support for those. You can even get the Sitecore forms extension to get more robust support.
Here are a few steps you can follow:
- Enabling/Disabling the Robot Detection: To enable or disable the robot detection feature for a specific form, you can go to the form’s “Robot Detection” section in the Sitecore Forms editor and toggle the “Enable Robot Detection” switch.
- Customizing the Error Message: If you want to customize the error message that is displayed when the robot detection detects a potential robot, you can go to the form’s “Robot Detection” section in the Sitecore Forms editor and change the “Robot Detection Error Message”.
- Adding a Captcha: Sitecore provides built-in support for several popular Captcha services, including Google reCAPTCHA. To add a Captcha to a form, you can go to the form’s “Captcha” section in the Sitecore Forms editor and select the type of Captcha you want to use. You will need to configure the Captcha service to use the appropriate API key and secret.
- Customizing the Captcha Appearance: If you want to change the appearance of the Captcha, you can do so by modifying the HTML and CSS used to render the Captcha on the form.
- Customizing the Robot Detection Logic: If you need to customize the robot detection logic beyond what is provided by Sitecore, you can create a custom robot detection handler. To do this, you will need to create a class that implements the “Sitecore.ExperienceForms.Mvc.Handlers.IRobotDetectionHandler” interface, and then register the handler in the Sitecore Forms configuration.
- To Get more information Refer to
Robot Detection link to Sitecore
Note: These steps are based on Sitecore 9.3 and later versions.
Category: Information Technology