Culprit is the MongoDB is not installed on your PC. Go through your config and disable connections to it.
If you have MongoDB installed, make sure it is running and your connectionstring is correct.
You have 2 Options to fix it. You can
- Install MongoDB and point your instance to it.Â If you want to do this then first look at your connectionstring for MongoDB located “[your drive]:inetpub\wwwroot\[Instancename]\Website\App_Config\ConnectionStrings.Config Check where your mongoDB is pointed to.
then install the MongoDB as decribed in this blogÂ
Since I was not planning on using MongoDB I decided to disable it. that’s next
2. Go to your “[your drive]:inetpub\wwwroot\[Instancename]\Website\App_Config\Include\Sitecore.Xdb.config” and set false for property: Xdb.Enabled. Also go to the connectionString on Step #1Â and comment out the following lines
<!–<add name=”analytics” connectionString=”mongodb://localhost:27017/Sitecore8_analytics” />
<add name=”tracking.live” connectionString=”mongodb://localhost:27017/Sitecore8_tracking_live” />
<add name=”tracking.history” connectionString=”mongodb://localhost:27017/Sitecore8_tracking_history” />
<add name=”tracking.contact” connectionString=”mongodb://localhost:27017/Sitecore8_tracking_contact” />–>
This documents can be found here.
I restarted the site and things started to work again.
Hopefully this helps someone.